Role security is where user roles are configured and corresponding user permissions for those roles are defined. Form and field blinding is also done in this section.
Please read the Study Permissions Guide for the list of all permissions and their definitions.
Open the Study Configuration page and select the Role Security tab.
The image below annotates all the functions in Role Security. See the list below the image for descriptions.
- Existing Roles: Select the role to configure. The options here can be edited or added to in part three below.
- Applications: Select the application in the system to configure permissions for the selected role. Click Here for a list of all applications and permissions.
- Add or Edit Roles: Update role details here or clear the fields (part 4) to add a new role.
- Administrative - Set when the user will be administrator and view all sites in the reports. This role type should also be set for anyone responsible for creating and managing queries for site users.
- Site - Set when the user is site specific.
- These are the functions to update any changes from part 3, or to add/delete a role.
- Role Rights: These make up the hundreds of different permissions throughout the system based on the Application chosen in part 2. All roles and permissions can be exported to an Excel file using the TrialKit mobile app. This can be helpful for documenting user permissions. ***See NOTE BELOW
- Form Rights: Select this to change the view to a list of forms in the study that blinding or edit permissions can be set for individually.
- Blind Form Fields by Role - Select this link to open interface to set field blinding. Verify the role selected in step one above is the correct role for blinding.
- Save Rights: Select this if any changes were made to permissions
Note: ***Batch and lock permission should only be granted to users that have review levels
Some permissions cause new functions to appear in the top menus. If you are enabling a new permission for your own role, refreshing the browser page may be required before seeing that new item appear in the top menus.