Study Status is used to control site record entry for provider sites.
View/Edit Study Status by tapping the action icon at the top right of the Study Configuration screen.
Note, before making changes to study status, be sure to understand the difference between Provider sites and Administrative sites.
View/Change Study Status
1. Study Status History will list in chronological order the Study Status History2. Change Study Status - Studies can be set with the following statuses:
- In Development - When a new study is created, its status will be "In Development." Subjects can be enrolled and tested from any Administrative sites. Note, once a study has been moved live, it will not be able to go back to In Development unless the study status is reset.
- Live - When the study is live, any site can enroll new subjects as long as IRB approval and site documents are completed as dictated by the study design.
- Suspended - This option will not appear unless the study is live. Suspending a study can be done at any time to temporarily close the study. During this time, provider sites will be unable to enroll subjects or edit existing subject records. Due to the ability to run multiple versions of a study, suspending a study due to protocol amendments is not necessary.
- Locked - When a study is locked, provider sites cannot enroll new subjects or create new records for existing subjects after the lock date. Using this option is a good way to shut down a study but still allow sites to complete data entry on past records.
- Completed - When a study is completed or closed, provider sites cannot enter any data. All records are read-only.
3. Tap Here to Reset Study Status and Start Over - Study Status is used to control record entry for provider sites. There may be testing scenarios where a study builder wishes to clear all the data and reset the study status.
4. Tap Here to Remove All Study Data - Removing study data of any kind can be a risk if not careful. This allows you to remove all data from the study's database. It comes in handy when testing a study and you need to get rid of test data and start clean.
5. Save New Status - Be sure to save status when editing or creating new status
6. Done - Hit Done button to return to Define Study Behavior form.