A Checklist to Guide you Through Study Build
The list below is a good reference for setting up a study. It is ordered in a way that will optimize efficiency, but is certainly not required. Steps can be re-addressed over time in any order as needed.
Items in Bold are required. Other steps listed are optional based on the study requirements. Click on the underlined links to navigate to the corresponding details for each topic.
- Request a new study. Study copies can also be created within the Study Manager.
- Customize the study theme.
- Basic study settings. Just the basics for now: functionality and audit settings. The remainder of the study settings will be set up later.
- Setup the forms
This includes all forms, regardless of how they will be used. Don't worry just yet about building the forms out entirely. All you need is a form title with a single field.
Remember, there are different types of forms - subject, site, and study. At the very least Subject type forms will be needed.
- Define the key study forms
- Define Log Forms
Of the forms built-in step 4, define which ones can be collected at any point in time. Common examples: Protocol Deviations, Concomitant Medications, Adverse Events.
- Set up scheduled visits
- Define any Unscheduled Visits
- Finish building the forms. This includes populating your forms with all needed fields and setting up conditional actions/edit checks.
- Setup patient reporting and diaries (ePRO)
- Test the forms. As you make changes to your forms and edit checks, navigate to the Subject Manager to test them out. Also, use the mobile app to test out your forms on smaller screens.
- Auto-Validate the forms. Not required but highly recommended.
- Roles and permissions
- Query Settings
- Set up Randomization
- Set up Inventory Management
- Set up Medical Auto-Coding
- Set up Lab Ranges
- Run through the entire study flow
- Define the study enrollment goals
- Add sites
- Add users
- Move the study live
- Once the study is underway, changes may be needed: Making mid-study changes